IRUS has a number of policies that you may wish to view.
- IRUS Tracker protocol R5.0
- Explains how usage data is transmitted from the repository to IRUS for processing into COUNTER conformant statistics using the COUNTER Release 5 version of the tracker.
- IRUS Tracker protocol for COUNTER R4 (deprecated)
- Explains how usage data is transmitted from the repository to IRUS for processing into COUNTER conformant statistics using the COUNTER Release 4 version of the tracker.
- How IRUS excludes robots and rogue usage
- Lays out the processes and filters IRUS makes in transforming raw data from the repositories into COUNTER-conformant usage statistics.
- Item types and mapping policy
- Explains how the IRUS item types have been selected and how they are working effectively both in the UK and for international services.
- IRUS takedown policy
- Explains how IRUS handles usage for items that have been taken down from host repository and how to request this.
- IRUS best practices for cataloguing identifiers and exposing them in OAI-PMH
- Sets out IRUS' recommended methods of cataloguing some key identifiers to enable better exposure.